Is there a product that will relieve your pain? To relieve the nerve pain caused by sciatica, we found the Best Tens Unit for Sciatica. The most effective Sciatica to Relax Nerve Pain available on the market will be that for you.
In recent years, TENS therapy is a familiar treatment that has almost no side effects. Gone are the days of visiting a clinic for taking physio-therapy, with the help of the TENS unit treating the pain is now convenient and much more effective.
The TENS unit is a handheld device in size as small as a cell phone that has made treating aches or injuries easier and available for all. These devices are extraordinary in treating pain without causing side effects that are associated with painkillers. In the last two years, this technology has gained wide popularity for providing excellent results in treating and reducing pain.
What is a Tens Unit?
The TENS unit is a medical device used for pain relief. A Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS) unit is a battery-operated device that is used for treating pain. TENS units work by delivering small electrical impulses through electrodes that have adhesive pads to attach them to a person’s skin. These electrical impulses flood the nervous system, reducing its ability to transmit pain signals to the spinal cord and brain. The same electrical impulses also stimulate the body to produce natural pain relievers called endorphins.
Benefits of the TENS Unit
TENS is a non-invasive method for relieving pain. People who experience pain relief from TENS may be able to reduce their intake of pain medications, some of which can be addictive or cause adverse side effects. TENS units are also convenient because they are small, portable, and relatively discrete. People can carry a TENS unit in their pocket or clip it onto a belt to ensure that they have immediate access to pain relief throughout the day. This also relieves the trouble of visiting hospitals on a regular basis.
There is a variety of muscle, bone, and joint areas that the pulse stimulator can be used to treat. Some of the conditions that the device is most commonly used to treat include:
- Back pain
- Shoulder Pain
- Neck Pain
- Muscle tension and knots
- Leg Pain
- Arm Pain
- Pain Between the Shoulder Blades
- Hip Pain
- Knee Pain
- Period cramps
The TENS machine has been used to treat a variety of conditions that cause acute and chronic pain, including the acute pain that is associated with labor and childbirth, and the chronic pain that cancer patients can experience.
Buying Guide for Choosing the Best TENS Unit
While purchasing a TENS unit there are some issues one should keep in mind. Since it is medical equipment, one should be careful about buying the right machine. The following issues are what you should remember when you’re buying a TENS unit.
- The Power Capacity: While choosing a machine, you must be sure of the power level. The power capacity of the device should be acceptable to your needs. The power potential of lower-priced TENS is weaker in general. The power of the machine should feel intense but it should not be unpleasant. The magnitude of the machine should be comforting. Often times the highest power one can find in a low-priced device is too low to be effective in treating the pain and investing on such a product is a complete waste of money.
- In addition, a wide range of power capacity is needed as a different part of our body requires different intensities. On the other hand, there should be the option of setting the units to one’s necessity.
- Battery Life: The battery life of a battery-operated machine is a crucial factor to take into consideration. For regular users, a good quality battery is a must. The highest quality devices have a lithium-ion battery and with this battery, one can use it for weeks or a month without even recharging it. Purchasing a machine of such traits can save one from many hassles like storing and changing dead batteries.
- The lower-end devices run on a 9-volt battery or even 3 AAA batteries and this simply multiplies your annual cost as it the battery keeps getting drained. For maximum battery life and hassle-free service, we recommend buying TENS ranging from medium to higher prices.
- Modes: Pain in different parts of the body need different intensity. For this reason, getting the option of setting the ways, and pulses are essential in a high-quality TENS machine. Lower quality or lower priced machine can work well on treating one or two parts of the body but due to its restricted modes, they cannot turn out to be useful in treating the ache of every body part. Whereas, a high-quality TENS unit ensures a wide range of modes that can be set according to one’s need, making its use enjoyable.
- The Service Life of the Electronic Pads: The longevity of the electronic pads is a matter of concern. If the electronic pads do not last long then it will lead to buying the places continuously and this will, in the end, result in increasing your expenditure. In contrast, when you purchase an excellent quality TENS unit, it comes with better electrode pads and lasts longer than the cheaper ones, saving you money. This saves you from the hassle of re-purchasing the places on a regular basis and for this reason, spending a little more money for a quality product is always a better idea.
- Client Service: Last but not least is client service. When buying a product, you have every right to be well informed about it and get help from the service provider brand. Since the TENS unit has become overtly available material for treatment it has also gained popularity.
- Unfortunately, with its popularity, many deceitful retailers come up with low-quality products with zero customer service. Once their product gets sold they simply forget about the client service provided. A reputed brand will offer you straight forward answer to all your queries and will also provide you a warranty. It is your right to have human interaction and get clarification of all your confusion regarding the product.
Well, these are the most important factors you must be looking at while you’re making an investment in a TENS unit.
BEST TENS UNIT FOR SCIATICA In-depth Review
The TENS device comes complete with the device, two (2) pairs of lead wires, one (1) four (4) packs of reusable premium electrodes, one (1) 9-volt battery, a quick start guide instruction manual, and a hard carry case.
It comes with 4 TENS Unit Pads that are multi-use, self-adhesive pads. Simply place the pads around the treatment area and select your intensity levels on the TENS device for rapid pain relief.
- It is OTC (Over counter) approved
- It has dual channel
- It has five different modes
- Comes with all necessary accessories
- Well designed
- Comes with 1-year warranty
- Good customer support
- Easy to use
- Shorter battery life
- Low-quality carrier case
- Does not provide long-lasting relief
Nurse TENS comes with a wide range of massage modes. Each massage mode will stimulate your muscles in a different way, so you can alternate between them according to your need. This unit comes with an adjustable massage intensity feature. This will allow you to adjust the strength of the massage depending on the pads’ placement, your needs, and your mood.
The NURSE TENS unit comes with a rechargeable lithium battery. This is an advantage because whenever the battery runs out, you can simply recharge it in a matter of hours, it minimizes the cost as well. On top of all these, it also comes with 2 years warranty and it is also light weighted and well designed.
- Non-invasive and non-medicinal pain relief
- Built in powerful rechargeable lithium battery
- 16 different modes and 8 pads
- 2 years warranty
- Good re-usable pads
- Nice minimalistic design and light weight
- Complicated user manual
- Thumbnails can be inaccurate
Avon TENS is a 3rd gen 16 modes TENS machine. It provides premium electro pads with American gel. This is a safe, non-invasive, drug-free pain relief device. It treats intense pain from a sports injury, arthritis, and so forth. Avon TENS is a compact and lightweight machine. This can be used as a massaging tool when the frequency is set low.
- Provides 16 modes and 8 pads
- It also comes with American gel
- Pads have the life of 30 usage
- Long lasting rechargeable lithium ion battery
- Intensity can be tailored
- Really effective in healing pain with its intense stimulation
- Can be used for massaging as well
- Can seem complicated to many people
- High intensity can be intolerable to many
KEDSUM is a device specialized in treating muscle pain due to long working hours. It uses TENS technology to eliminate pain while providing relief and comfort to our bodies. It has sixteen massage modes with an adjustable timer of up to one-hour continuous therapy. It comes with a dual output that can be used simultaneously with four pads large or small. It comes with rechargeable lithium batteries that can last up to ten hours.
- It has 16 body massage settings for healing
- Two people can use it simultaneously
- The pads can last up to 2 months
- Great price option for a touchscreen
- Persons with a pacemaker cannot use it.
- Complicated user manual
- May stop working unexpectedly
iReliev is the TENS of the future. Since it is wireless there is no chance of tangling of wires and that makes it easier to use. The unit has 8 TENS programs and 6 EMS settings making it lucrative for athletes. This provides pain relief and also the ability to perform muscle conditioning. The unit is designed to be incredibly portable. Our favorite feature is the TENs Pads. It takes only one electrode when it normally takes the job of 2 electrodes. Being wireless makes it more user-friendly.
- It is wireless
- Easily portable
- It has 14 modes
- It has both TENS and EMS
- The device has an oversized screen for easy viewing.
- It has Lithium-Ion Rechargeable battery
- It is the latest and greatest on the market
- It cannot be used while the device is plugged in.
- The short units will not allow you to place the pads wherever you want.
HealthmateForever YK15AB is one of the most powerful TENS & Muscle Stimulators. Its unique designed mode buttons make pain management quick and easy. It is simple and easy to use and safe, non-invasive, and Drug-free. This enables non-stop pain relief wherever you are with just one clip as it is Belt Clip Equipped. It has an adjustable 20 levels frequency speed that allows you to decide the most comfortable pain relief experience.
- This TENS unit can use 4 outputs at once.
- This device provides a good mix of predefined massage programs.
- The electrode pads are self-adhesive.
- Screen backlight goes off quickly.
- Lines can get tangled.
These rechargeable electric TENS units stimulate the sensory nerves and muscles, activate natural pain blocking mechanism, relax your body and have pain management anytime you feel the need. It has pre-programmed 15 modes & 20 intensity levels with an Adjustable 10-80 minutes timer making it ideal for treating any of your muscle groups effectively.
This includes various sizes of medical-grade reusable electrodes, these TENS pads are non-irritating, self-stick, and pre-gelled which provides amazing self-stick performance.
Two individual outputs allow you to massage multiple body parts or two different individuals simultaneously under different modes with different intensities. It is conveniently pocket-sized and comes with a dust-proof storage pouch that allows you to use it in the office, car, or on the go. Relaxation was never this easier!
- Easy to use touchscreen
- Rechargeable ion battery
- Great intensity levels
- 80 min sessions
- Long life pads
- Life time warranty that have exceptions
- Higher pricepoint
Omron TENS unit is 2X the power with 15 Levels of intensity, it’s simple to find the right pain relief. This offers more tailored pain therapy. It has simple, large controls and a big screen for easy operation. This highly customizable Tens unit has modes to reach most of your pains.
This can be taken to work, use at home, or while traveling. Ideal for sharing with other family members but each person should use their own pads. It helps to trigger endorphin production and enhance circulation and this results in getting relief from pain.
- Highly customizable.
- 15 modes of power intensity.
- It has 6 pain and 3 massage mode.
- Pads can be re-used up to 150 times.
- Battery lasts longer.
- No cords attached.
- Poor plug system.
Does it work for sciatica?
People often wonder whether TENS can be used for treating Sciatica. The answer is Yes, TENS can relieve Sciatica pain. Using TENS is considered safer than an addictive painkiller, it reduces the radiating pain of sciatica. It also decreases discomfort and helps to retain mobility. If you are suffering from sciatica then it is high time to put an end to your suffering.
If you have tried a painkiller that didn’t work or you found it has side effects then TENS is the safest, non-addicting, more effective remedy for you. TENS unit also allows you to use it any time of the day, without any hassle, just when you need it. TENS units send a low-voltage electrical pulse to your skin. This pulse can do two things.
First, it stimulates your nerves and travels across your skin causing the production of endorphins, a natural pain killer hormone your body produces on its own. It can also confuse or misdirect pain signals or even block them from entering your nervous system where the pain signal is actually “felt”. When the TENS unit sends these electrical impulses to your body it can reduce the pain you are feeling from sciatica giving you the relief you seek. TENS units are simple to use and they are very cost-effective.
Frequently Asked Questions
How often one should use a TENS unit?
Ans: Depending on the pain you experience the usage may vary. However, it is safe to take a 30-60 minutes session 4 times a day. The relief is supposed to sustain up to four hours on average.
- How do you use a TENS unit for lower back pain?
Ans: TENS provides drug-free, non-invasive pain relief. For treating lower back pain the pads are placed on the back, near the area of pain. TENS uses soothing pulses that are sent via the pads through the skin and along the nerve fibers. The pulses suppress pain signals to the brain and encourage the body to produce higher levels of its own natural pain-killing hormones – endorphins and encephalins.
- How do you use a TENS unit for leg pain?
Ans: (TENS) sends electrical pulses through the skin to activate your body’s own pain killers. The electrical pulses can release endorphins and other substances to stop sending pain signals in the brain. It can reduce leg pain. For leg pain, you need to place the pads around your knees. It works best when used during activities such as walking, doing chores, or exercising. Research has shown that TENS is most helpful for chronic pain when used for at least 30 minutes while you are active. It is less effective when you are sitting still, lying down, or resting.
We hope that you have found a perfect TENS unit that best fits your requirements and budget. We listed a range of products that are of better quality, more effective, and easier to find. Enlightening you about the right product is our utmost priority.
We assure you that our recommendation won’t make you regret it at all. Stay healthy and pain-free!