This is intricated and more sensitive to shave your head than other parts of your body. You can easily pick any shaving cream from your nearby store if you are not concerned about the quality of your shave.
This is a very common mistake just to check the smell or price tag. By the way, you should not settle down with a mediocre shaving cream if you are serious about having a quality shaving cream.
There are some important factors that you should consider. Let’s begin:
This is one of the most major factors before you buy your shaving cream. Basically, there are three types of skins. Like:
Dry Skin : Experts advise that people with dry skin should select the creams that have a glycerin base and contain natural oil. These ingredients create a base that allows easy gliding to the razor without hurting your skin and also reduce tug and pull. So it is advisable to choose a shaving cream for a bald head considering some skin soothers like coconut or vitamin E. These kinda creams can easily soothe your skin during the shave.
Sensitive Skin : The name implies meaning. So, this skin reacts to astringent which effects dermatitis and redness. It is important to choose creams having a little aroma and no allergens for this skin. Always avoid those creams having ingredients with astringent.
Oily Skin : Now, if you have oily skin you can go with those creams that contain astringent. This ingredient reduces oil on your skin and allows a safer shave by preventing your pores to clog.
Having low-quality creams create skin irritation as they don’t have quality ingredients. This is very important to check the ingredients in your shaving cream when to buy them. You can have a comfortable and smooth shave having some ingredients like aloe. Whether some other can dehydrate your skin that lessens the nourishment.
There are some ingredients that you should always avoid while choosing your shaving cream. They are:
- Parabens : You can consider paraben as a problem. In the market, there are some creams that include parabens. They can stop bacteria growth but at the same time, they can trigger allergies and asthma. So, experts have highly prohibited to use those shaving creams that contain parabens.
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate : This is an ingredient that can remove the natural oil base from your skin. Although It is implemented to wash your skin with direct application. Moreover, you can’t wash it away easily. Once you used it, it survives up to five days on your skin.
- Artificial Fragrance : There is peace with natural aroma. Nothing artificial can be good. You will be surprised that not less than 3000 chemicals are being used in the name of Fragrance. Experts always suggest to leave them if you can.
- Sodium Laureth Sulfate : This element is used to the ingredient of shaving cream to lessen the side effects of petroleum-based elements but it may be the reason for skin irritation and also cause organ toxicity.
There are some ingredients that you should look for in your shaving creams. You will find shaving creams that use organic ingredients. Always remember that organic and natural oil can keep your skin moisturized for a longer period after shaving.
- Natural Oils : There are some shaving creams that use almond oil or jojoba oil in their ingredients. They really ensure nourishment to your skin. Moreover, your skin doesn’t appear oily as they dissolve quickly on it.
- Essential Oils : There are also some rose oils such as eucalyptus, sandalwood, lavender is essential oils. They prevent bacteria and drop a pleasant and natural fragrance.
The price tag is important to estimate before purchasing a shaving cream for a bald head. But it is not a wise decision to cut your cost to go for a low-quality cream.